Building Towards Holistic Marketing Analytics
MINI’s Global Marketing function defines its brand strategy and creates assets, campaigns and structures for markets to activate. But it buys no media itself, and had no coherent data, insight or feedback loop around how Global strategy and assets were supported in market, or how they performed.
Though the creation of a MINI Marketing Dashboard (MMD), we have enabled the Global Marketing function to generate rich, ongoing insights into marketing performance and its impact on sales, and make more informed investment decisions accordingly.
Over a two-year period, we worked with MINI to create a strategy and roadmap, and build the infrastructure needed to manage all of MINI’s marketing and sales data across its top 20 markets in four key stages.
1. Data Consolidation (Months 1-6)
Prioritise data sources and metrics
Ensure all data is in a consistent format
Define and built data integration methods
Consolidate all data into a single environment
2. Holistic Reporting (Months 7-11)
Visualise data into a suite of reports
Orient reports around users and use cases
Provide transparency on performance and insights generated
Engage and train end users
3. Deeper Understanding (Months 12-16)
Acquire larger volumes of data to enhance reports
Undergo deeper analysis and statistical modelling into the relationships between data sets
4. Advanced Analytics (Months 17-24)
Carry out advanced modelling around the data
Create predictive models to anticipate ROI
The MMD solution consists of six functions, all answering different questions with a range of end users, from C-suite marketers to retailer managers:
- Marketing Funnel– How is marketing performing in key markets and how are marketing dollars being spent?
- Brand– How many people talk about the MINI brand and how is it perceived online?
- Website– How strong is the performance of market websites?
- Campaigns– What is the performance of multi-channel marketing campaigns across markets?
- Media Landscape– How do markets support Global content and what are they creating locally?
- Sales & Profitability– How can MINI increase revenue per car sold across all levels of the business?
Beyond the vision, the MMD has an established, ongoing process to ensure learnings are understood and scaled out to the stakeholders that need it most.